Want to Make a Difference?
Make A Difference
More than anything, we hope that - like us - you are motivated to advocate for a better world because of statistics like these:
- About 1 in 6 people around the world do not get enough food to meet basic health needs. No joke.
- Approximately half of the world's kids live in poverty and most don't receive a proper education.
Are you fired up and ready to take action (for free!)? Start here:
- Watch this video highlighting Oxfam's GROW campaign:
- Sign the petition saying that it's unacceptable for over 1,000,000,000 to live this way. Read about the problem of hunger and how it contributes to extreme poverty.
Inspired to learn more? Check out these ideas.
- Watch Food, Inc. or read Food Rules. The more we care about our food/health, the more we care about the world's food/health.
- Read Half the Sky - about "turning oppression into opportunity."
- The Millennium Development Goals offer a great opportunity to drastically cut hunger by 2015. Get on board.
- Have fun at Games that Give or Free Rice.
Ready to align yourself with a fantastic poverty-fighting organization? Try one of our favorites. (We are only listing organizations that we have had first-hand experience with.)
Also check out: