Last week, we got a little deeper into the purpose of this blog/website. Bottom line: We want to have a place to chronicle what we do in an attempt to have a No Vacation Required (NVR) life - a life where every day is pretty much a dream day. We also want to inspire you to do the same. If you’re nuts about travel, working virtually, and / or giving back all the better. We already have a lot in common!
We're decompressing here in Seattle after one heck of a 2010. Looking back... We became Hawaii fanatics, uncovered Mexico, survived a multi-National-Park camping adventure, and even saw the Northern Lights (a longtime dream of ours). All told, we were on the road about five months - seeing fantastic places and meeting interesting people. Throughout 2010, we also advocated like crazy for those living in poverty and even managed to grow our virtual business (so that we can do it all over again in 2011!).
Throughout the year ahead, we're going to continue sharing the exciting – and sometimes commonplace – details of what we have shaking in our corner of the world, but we want to go deeper. What to watch for:
- Traveling Deliriously: We’ve learned the most from seeing and experiencing the world. Boy oh boy, do we have a couple whoppers plotted for 2011. What we have cooking takes “multiple personality travel” to a whole new level.
- Living Deliberately: 1 in 6 world citizens are chronically hungry. We remain hugely inspired by them and by our experiences in Africa and South America. We owe it to less fortunate people to live the fullest lives possible and to fight on their behalf. Given that, we have a lot planned on the giving back front. We’re especially excited to kick off the year by heading to DC to advocate for human rights.
- Working Virtually: Now that we’ve been at it for a few years, we’ve sort of become, well, experts. We want to share some of our experiences having ultimate work freedom – location independence.
But wait! There’s more… Based on requests, we’re going to use our slice of the web to get into topics like:
- Our experience creating a NVR life.
- How to build your own NVR life.
- Our top travel tips (deals, smart travel, etc.).
- Wanna work virtually? What to consider.
- Top travel adventures.
Don’t worry, we’re not trying to make money from this. We just want to provide a place where we can chronicle and where you can find inspiration and tips to build an awesome life.
Your life should make you feel excited and you should be spending your days doing things that energize (not deplete) you. Remember, a NVR life is not about the travel or any of the specifics; rather, a NVR life starts with being happy.
Join us as we navigate our NVR life in 2011 and use our tips to jump in and create your own.
Time for a glass or two of champagne. Happy New Year!
What are you plotting for 2011?
Post on how things are unfolding in 2011:
On Traveling Deliriously:
On Living Deliberately:
Travelogue – On a Mission in Washington D.C.
On Working Virtually: